Popular Posts

Friday, May 20, 2016

The Observer


The funny thing about air is, if you don't have enough of it , you can be dead in seconds and if you are caught in a strong wind of Force 10 63 mph , the likes of which is happening right now outside, you can very well be flung several feet in the air. However it's not just windy it's snowing too, the wind is whistling around me, as if asking me to step aside. I see few shadows in an other wise whiteout landscape. The shadows are growing bigger and are moving faster ... RAMMMMM !!! I am flung aside , bunch of people are running....


They say I am built strong but I always feel vulnerable . However I am used to being startled like this, this doesn't bother me as much as the other aspect ....
The nature of my job makes me go through multitude of emotions daily, I feel at times it will eventually take a toll on me. The other night this couple and it's family came rushing,the wife couldn't make the distance she stayed with me, I could see her anguish while she rested her hands on me. I could feel the streams of her tears which were as incessant as her wailing , a few more minutes and she slumped near me. It really breaks my heart as her husband was wheeled away , I don't think he would make it ....

They say I am very transparent in my way of working, even my personality, what is in me one can easily make out. I don't hide things like other people, the other day some one rushed in and ran into me with a chair. I was shaken, It had been some time that i got into any minor hustle .Doctor said i developed some cracks but I will be OK . I was reassured and was back at work.

Given my working timings I don't get to see many people. You can say my love life is almost nothing . However when given a chance I see "Mary" . She is a woman of few words .She never introduced herself ,but I made out her name from her name tag :) I never brought it up and we are you know :) connected. Have mutual understanding .We don't need many words to express how we feel . Mary takes care of me , she pampers me , makes me listen to her sweet whistles when she is .... She is close to me ... :) . I like her hands , they are rugged because she works hard but they feel nice .She is a real woman :)

Over the years I have seen thousands of people . There was an old couple once must be in their 70s husband and wife both exasperated . They had their only daughter a few feet away from them and was in a dire state . She had difficulty in breathin, i did what I do usually I am best in giving protection and support . The mother was inconsolable while the father was trying to put up a brave front. That's what you expect men to do eh ? Be strong  ? Or Atleast look strong ? I felt the hand of a little child not more than 3 yrs old . It was a girl , It was her mom who was inside battling life .The warm hand made me shrivel with pain . Those hands had just wiped dollops of tears off those cherubic cheeks , she was upset because since morning her mama has not spoken to her . The crying was down to paused hic cups ,after effects of crying too hard for too long .My heart went out for this little one and her grandparents .For some reason I didn't see her husband or in laws . Is she a single parent ? Hmmmmmm . I really wished her good health.

When people are not around I enjoy the green trees which are close to my working place . Some times some nice souls sit by me have their coffee and read their favorite books .. At times i try to take a peak in to what they are reading :) ... Remember my small accident ... They say those cracks gave me a new perspective or as i like to put it .. It gives me a character .. Like a nicely done tatto adds to some ones character .. These marks were mine to show off :)

One night .... It was a fateful night atleast for me ... An over zealous driver came too fast and too close by the time brakes would have been applied the front had almost ran through me ...when i think back I am surprised how I managed to survive .. I suffered major injuries but was still able to stand .... like they said I was built strong ! ... However It was decided that it's not safe for me here any more .... I had to lose some part of my body during the operation and transfer .... Because some damage couldn't be recovered ....

I was relocated .. At times you may feel , gross injustice has been handed out to you ... What you should keep in mind is that you cannot fathom the repercussions of any event completely ... Things pan out in time ... And some point in time you even tend to thank your stars coz had it not been for that unpleasant choice you would not have been doing something different and even enjoying it ........ Had it not been for that accident I would not have seen such happy times ..... Tiny tots laugh giggle and jump around all day ... I see their wards with smiling faces ...

The funny thing about air is .... It looks great when it's inside a balloon and it looks even better when you blow up soap bubbles ....

I don't protect the emergency doors any more .... This glass door now keeps the kids safe in the attendants waiting lounge :) I observe them while they are at their happiest .....

2 comments: